Plantar fasciitis is one of the most common causes of discomfort & pain on the bottom of the heel. According to American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, approximately 2 million patients are treated for plantar fasciitis every year.
Plantar fascia is the strong band of tissue that supports the arch of the foot. Plantar fascia's thick tissue connects the heel bone to the toes and form the arch of the foot. Plantar fasciitis occurs when the arch of foot becomes irritated and inflamed. Our doctors asre speciliazes in the treatment of plantar fasciitis. Our clinic is the only clinic in Orange County that provides ASTR treatment which is very effective to relieve plantar fasciitis pain in very few sessions.
Plantar Fasciitis Risk Factors:
These are some of the risk factors for plantar fasciitis
- Very high or low arch
- Leg length discrepancy
- Tighter calf muscles
- Repetitive high impact activity such as running & sports
- Shoes with soft soles or poor arch support
Plantar Fasciitis Symptoms:
These are some of the symptoms of plantar fasciitis
- The bottom of the foot pain with the first few steps in the morning
- The bottom of the foot pain near the heel
- Increased pain after exercises or activities. Usually no pain during activities.
Plantar Fasciitis Treatment:
Our doctors use ASTR to relieve plantar fasciitis pain and symptoms.
- ASTR Tools: Our doctors use a variety of ASTR tools to release myofascial restriction, which is very common with plantar fasciitis.
- Releasing muscle trigger points and hypertonicity: it is very common with any injury that the muscle starts to spasm or tighten as a protective mechanism. Using the ASTR maneuver, patients can experience relief from muscle hypertonicity.
- Special instructions on how to speed up the recovery time for plantar fasciitis pain.
- Special exercise program to strengthen the weak muscles and stretch the tight muscles related to plantar fasciitis.
- Cold Laser Therapy: cold laser is a very valuable tool that speeds up the healing process and decreases soft tissue inflammation very quickly.
Call us today to start the journey of pain relief!