Achilles tendonitis is one of the common disorders that presents as pain in the back of the leg very close to the heel. The achilles tendon is considered to be one of the largest tendons in the body. The achilles tendon connects the calf muscles to the bone of the heel. Tendonitis is swelling and inflammation of the tendon. Tendonitis usually occurs as result of overuse or tendon injury.
Causes of Achilles Tendonitis
These are some of the common causes of achilles tendonitis:
- Overuse injury: this usually occurs when an individual suddenly increases the intensity of exercise or sports activities
- Calf muscle tightness
- Heel bone spur (bone spur is extra bone growth)
Achilles Tendonitis Symptoms
These are some of the common symptoms of achilles tendonitis:
- Morning achilles tendon pain and stiffness
- Back of the heel or pain along the tendon
- Pain increases after exercising
- Swelling of the achilles tendon
- Bone spur
- Achilles tendon thickness
Achilles Tendonitis Treatment
Our doctors use ASTR treatment to help relieve achilles tendon pain through:
- ASTR Tools: Our doctors use ASTR tools, which very gently break excessive scar tissue in the achilles tendon and the calf muscle area.
- ASTR Tools: Our doctors use a variety of ASTR tools to release myofascial restriction, which is very common with achilles tendonitis.
- Releasing muscle trigger points and hypertonicity: it is very common with any injury that the muscle starts to spasm or tighten as a protective mechanism. Using the ASTR maneuver, patients can experience relief from muscle hypertonicity.
- Cold Laser Therapy: cold laser is a very valuable tool that speeds up the healing process and decreases soft tissue inflammation very quickly.
- Special exercise program to strengthen the weak muscles and stretch the tight muscles.
Give us a call TODAY to learn how we can help you relieve achilles tendonitis pain.