Ankle sprain very commonly occurs on the outside part of the ankle. Ankle sprain is a very common ankle injury.
Ankle Sprain Risk Factors:
These are some of the common risk factors for ankle sprain:
- Sports that require jumping (i.e. basketball)
- Hindfoot varus: the heel of the foot is turned inward
- Foot muscle weakness
Causes of Ankle Sprain:
Twisted ankle: usually the foot rolls underneath the leg or the ankle
Ankle Sprain Symptoms:
These are some of the common symptoms of ankle sprain:
- Ankle pain: usually the outside part of the ankle
- Swelling, bruising
- Unable to put weight on the foot
Ankle Sprain Treatment:
Our doctors use ASTR to help relieve ankle sprain symptoms and pain
- Cold Laser Therapy: cold laser is a very valuable tool that speeds up the healing process and decreases soft tissue inflammation very quickly.
- ASTR Tools: Our doctors use a variety of ASTR tools to release myofascial restriction, which is very common with ankle sprain.
- Releasing muscle trigger points and hypertonicity: it is very common with any injury that the muscle starts to spasm or tighten as a protective mechanism. Using the ASTR maneuver, patients can experience relief from muscle hypertonicity.
- Special exercise program to strengthen the weak muscles and stretch the tight muscles.
- Special instructions on how to speed up the recovery time.