Drop foot in an inability to pick the front part of the foot up when walking, sometimes causing the toes to drag. People with drop foot may lift their knee high in order to help avoiding the foot to drag when walking. Drop foot is a weakness or a paralysis in the foot muscles and can be a sign of an underlying neurological disorder or nerve damage. Drop foot can affect anyone and can occur in one or both feet.
Possible Causes of Drop Foot
- Nerve injury or pinched or compressed nerve
- Sports injury
- Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease
- Hip or knee replacement surgery
- Muscular Dystrophy
Drop Foot Treatment
In order to relieve drop foot symptoms, we address the problem holistically and naturally, without medication.
We use the following approaches to relieve drop foot symptoms:
- ASTR® Tools: Our doctors use a variety of ASTR® tools to release scar tissue and myofascial restriction, which can decrease motion.
- Special exercise program to decrease inflammation, strengthen the muscles and help the patient to return to normal function and activities.
- Special instructions on how to speed up the recovery time.
- Cold Laser Therapy: Tissue inflammation and inability of the body to heal are common with juvenile arthritis. Cold laser is used in order to decrease inflammation and swelling that causes pressure on the nerves or muscles.
Call us today to start the journey of pain relief!