Based on American College of Rheumatology (ACR), fibromyalgia affects 2-4% of the population; most commonly with women. Fibromyalgia is considered a chronic problem that causes pain all over the body.
Fibromyalgia Risk Factors:
These are some of fibromyalgia risk factors
- Presents of Rheumatic disease such as lupus, osteoarthritis, ankylosing spondylitits or rheumatoid arthritis
- Hormonal changes
Fibromyalgia patients may experience the following symptoms
- Sleep problems
- Widespread pain: painful tender points & trigger points
- Tenderness to the touch; effecting muscles and joints
- Problems with thinking or memory
- Tension or Migraine headaches
- Pelvic pain
- Tempromandibular joint (TMJ) disorder
- Anxiety or depression
- Morning stiffness
- Irritable bowel
Treatment for Fibromylgia:
Most fibromylgia can experience relief with our treatment approach. Feel free to contact us to learn how we can help you.
We use the following approaches to relieve fibromylgia pain:
- ASTR® Tools: Our doctors use a variety of ASTR® tools to release scar tissue and myofascial restriction, which are very common with fibromylgia.
- Release muscle trigger points and hypertonicity: it is very common with fibromylgia that the muscle to start spasming or tightening as a protective mechanism. Using the ASTR® maneuvers, patients can experience relief from muscle hypertonicity.
- Special exercise program to improve daily activities and functioning.
- Special instructions on how to manage symptoms and improve quality of life.
- Cold Laser Therapy: We use cold laser in order to decrease soft tissue inflammation and speed up the healing process and .
Give us a call TODAY to learn how we can help you experience relief from fibromyalgia