Pain in the hand is very common, this is because throughout the day we are constantly using our hands. Hand pain can develop for many reasons.
Causes of Hand Pain
- Repetitive movement
- Sudden injury: fractures are more serious while sprains and strains are more common
- Difficult making a fist
- Weakness with grasping or holding objects
- Pain with movement of wrist
Risk Factors of Hand Pain
- Sports activities
- Repetitive use of the hands
Prevention of Hand Pain
- Wearing splints to help support and rest the hand
- Prevent falls: although unforeseen incidents are unpredictable, being aware of surrounding areas will help prevent an accident
Treatments for Hand Pain
- ASTR® Tools: Our doctors use a variety of ASTR® tools to release scar tissue and myofascial restriction, which can decrease pain and give symptom relief.
- Special exercise program to decrease inflammation, strengthen the muscles, and help the patient to return to normal function and activities.
- Special instructions on how to speed up the recovery time.
Hand pain is a common issue. Knowing the signs and symptoms may help relieve the problem before it gets worse. Playing or using hands daily increases the risk for and injury to occur. A correct diagnosis can help with the treatment of the condition and if regular treatment fails, surgery may be suggested.