Joint Pain During Pregnancy
During pregnancy it is very common to feel pain, aches, stiffness or soreness, most commonly in the following joints: hands, fingers, hips, knee, neck and back.
Pregnancy joint pain can be caused by:
- Weight gain can add more stress and strain on joints such as pelvis, ribs, groin, leg, back, knee and ankle
- Muscle weakness
- Poor posture
- Swollen joints
Back Pain During Pregnancy:
Back pain is very common during pregnancy due to increased body weight, strained back muscles, tight back fascia, weak core muscles or poor posture. If you are suffering from back pain before pregnancy, your symptoms may worsen during pregnancy. Please do not hesitate to contact us to relieve your back pain.
Some of the other areas in the body that could be effected by pregnancy are: leg, hip, groin, ribs, pelvis, SI (sacroiliac joint), chest, neck, jaw, hand, fingers, ankle, heel, and toes.
Pregnancy Joint Pain Treatments:
Great news! There is a natural way to treat joint pain in areas such as the neck, back, knees, ankles, etc. without side effects, drugs or surgery. ASTR treatment is a very natural, gentle and virtually pain-free treatment option for pregnant patients. Dr. Jacobs’ wife inspired him to treat pregnant patients because of the amount of joint pain that she and her pregnant friends had suffered. They had been unable to find long-term relief from traditional approaches like chiropractic, massage, acupuncture, or physical therapy.
Our doctors use ASTR to help relieve pregnancy joint pain
- ASTR Tools: Our doctors use a variety of ASTR tools to release myofascial restriction, which is very common during pregnancy and can cause joint pain.
- Releasing muscle trigger points and hypertonicity: it is very common during pregnancy for the muscles to start to spasm or tighten as a protective mechanism. Using the ASTR maneuvers, patients can experience relief from muscle hypertonicity within a few minutes.
- Gentle exercise program to strengthen the weak muscles and relieve joint pain.
- Special instructions on how to enjoy pregnancy without joint pain.