Juvenile arthritis is a term used to describe inflammatory and autoimmune diseases in children under the age of 16. There are various types of juvenile arthritis but many share common symptoms such as joint swelling and pain. Juvenile arthritis has no exact known cause, but researches suspect it may be related to environmental triggers such as toxins or food allergies, specific infections, and genetics and possibly a combination of all of these. Though there is no cure for juvenile arthritis treatment of symptoms and remission is possible.
Symptoms of Juvenile Arthritis
- Joint stiffness
- Pain and/or swelling in joints
- Fever at odd times
- Weight loss
Juvenile Arthritis Treatment
In order to relieve juvenile arthritis symptoms, we address the problem holistically and naturally, without medication.
We use the following approaches to relieve juvenile arthritis symptoms:
- ASTR® Tools: Our doctors use a variety of ASTR® tools to release scar tissue and myofascial restriction, which can decrease motion in the joints.
- Special exercise program to decrease inflammation, strengthen the muscles, stabilize the joints and help the patient to return to normal function and activities.
- Special instructions on how to speed up the recovery time.
- Cold Laser Therapy: Tissue inflammation and inability of the body to heal are common with juvenile arthritis. Cold laser is used in order to decrease inflammation and swelling that causes pressure on the joints.
Call us today to start the journey of pain relief!