Morton’s neuroma is a painful condition in the affects the ball of your foot where the nerve is thickened or swollen usually between the third and fourth toes. With Morton’s neuroma you may feel like you are standing on a small pebble, and may feel a sharp or burning pain. Morton’s neuroma occurs when there is a thickening of tissue around one of the nerves leading to the toes, often this happens when the toes are squeezed together for too long, women’s high heels can be linked to Morton’s neuroma. High heels, certain sports such as rock climbing, and foot deformities can be risk factors for Morton’s neuroma.
Morton’s Neuroma Symptoms
- Sharp or burning pain
- A feeling of a small lump in the ball of the foot
- Numbness or tingling in the toes
- Treatment for Morton’s neuroma
Morton’s Neuroma Treatment
In order to relieve Morton’s neuroma symptoms, we address the problem holistically and naturally, without medication.
We use the following approaches to relieve Morton’s neuroma:
- ASTR® Tools: Our doctors use a variety of ASTR® tools to release scar tissue and myofascial restriction, which can decrease flexibility and add more pressure to the foot.
- Special exercise program to decrease pressure on the foot, strengthen the muscles, stabilize the foot and help the patient to return to normal function and activities.
- Special instructions on how to speed up the recovery time.
- Cold Laser Therapy: Tissue inflammation and pain are common with Morton’s neuroma. Cold laser is used in order to decrease inflammation that causes pressure on the ball of the foot.
Call us today to start the journey of pain relief!