Muscle Strain and Muscle Tear
A muscle strain is an injury to the muscle due to undue tension or strenuous activity. A muscle strain can also be referred to as a muscle pull and a more severe muscle strain is a muscle tear. Any muscle that moves bone can be affected by a muscle strain. Tearing of the muscle causes damage to the muscle fibers and damage small blood vessels in the area and can cause pain, bleeding, or bruising. Activities such as heavy lifting, strenuous sports, or even performing daily tasks can cause a muscle strain.
Muscle Strain or Muscle Tear Symptoms
- Weakness of the muscle or tendons
- Pain in the muscle at rest
- Swelling, bruising, and /or redness at the area of injury
- Inability to move the affected muscle
- Pain in the affected muscle during use
Muscle Strain and Muscle Tear Treatment
In order to relieve muscle strain and muscle tear symptoms, we address the problem holistically and naturally, without medication.
We use the following approaches to relieve muscle strain and muscle tear symptoms:
- ASTR® Tools: Our doctors use a variety of ASTR® tools to release scar tissue and myofascial restriction, which can decrease flexibility and add more pressure to the muscle strain or tear.
- Special exercise program to decrease pressure on the muscle strain or tear, strengthen the surrounding muscles, stabilize the muscle that is strained or torn and help the patient to return to normal function and activities.
- Special instructions on how to speed up the recovery time.
- Cold Laser Therapy: Tissue inflammation is common with a muscle strain or muscle tear. Cold laser is used in order to decrease inflammation that causes pressure on the muscle strain or muscle tear.
Call us today to start the journey of pain relief!