Natural Headache Relief
Headaches (cephalgia) can occur anywhere in the head and have many causes. They range from mild to nagging to debilitating pain above the eyes or ears, in the back of the head (occipital area), on top of the head, or in the back of the upper neck. Headaches are the enemy of productivity as they frequently make focus and concentration difficult to achieve, and they can be indicative of conditions as mild as caffeine withdrawal to others as life threatening as brain tumors or strokes.
Types and causes of headaches
- Primary Headaches (not associated with another disease)
- Migraine Headaches
- Tension Headaches (prevalent in up to 90% of adults)
- Cluster Headaches
- Secondary headaches (caused by another disease)
- Brain Tumors
- Withdrawal from caffeine
- Sinus Infection
Symptoms of headaches
- Eye pain from light (photophobia)
- Tenderness to touch anywhere on the scalp
- Feeling of “tightness” in the head
- Jaw Pain
Risk factors for headaches
- Lack of Sleep
- Regular intake of caffeine
- Eye strain
- TMJ Dysfunction
- Muscular tension caused by poor posture
Prevention of headaches
- Drink ample water and eat healthy food regularly
- Maintain good posture
- Limit caffeine consumption
- Reduce stress
- Sleep 8hr per night
- Avoid grinding or clenching teeth
- Take regular breaks from activities that require focusing on a close, bright screen or small text
Things to do at home for headaches
- Rest in a quiet, dark room
- Place a cool cloth on your forehead
- Try relaxation exercises to take away tension and stress
Natural Headaches Releif
We use the following approaches to relieve headaches:
- ASTR® Tools: Our doctors use a variety of ASTR® tools to release scar tissue and myofascial restriction, which can decrease mobility and flexibility.
- Special exercise program to decrease pain, strengthen the muscles, stabilize and help the patient to return to normal function and activities.
- Special instructions on how to speed up the recovery time.
- Cold Laser Therapy: Tissue inflammation is common with headaches. Cold laser is used in order to decrease inflammation that causes pressure on the affected area.