According to the Arthritis foundation, about 27 million people in America suffer from Osteoarthritis (OA). Osteoarthritis is one of the most common forms of joint disorder. Osteoarthritis is caused by wear and tear of the joints, as a result of aging or overuse. Osteoarthritis is a chronic condition generally involving the degradation of the cartilage and the bone. Common risk factors for Osteoarthritis include: joint overuse, genetics, obesity, age, and previous joint injury.
Osteoarthritis Risk Factors:
These are some of Ostearthritis risk factors
- Joint overuse
- Previous joint injury
- Older age
- Bone deformities
These are some of the common symptoms of Osteoarthritis
- Joint stiffness or soreness
- Increased pain after activities or at the end of the day
- Joint stiffness after resting and decreased stiffness after movement
- Bone spurs
These are some of the ways to manage Osteoarthritis symptoms
- Muscle strength
- Maintain healthy weight
- Stay active
- Healthy diet
Our doctors use ASTR® to relieve ostearthritis pain and symptoms
- Advanced Soft tissue Release (ASTR®) to release soft tissue restriction
- ASTR® Tools: Our doctors use a variety of ASTR tools to release myofascial restriction and scar tissue, which are very common with osteoarthritis.
- Releasing muscle trigger points and hypertonicity: it is very common with osteoarthritis that the muscle starts to spasm or tighten as a protective mechanism. Using the ASTR® maneuvers, patients can experience relief from muscle hypertonicity.
- Special exercise program to restore normal movement
- Reduce inflammation and speed up the heeling process using Cold Laser Therapy
Give us a call TODAY to learn how we can help you experience relief from osteoarthritis