Clavicle Fracture (Broken Collarbone)
A clavicle fracture is also known as a broken collarbone and many times occurs from an injury such as a fall or a blow to the shoulder. A clavicle fracture can be very painful and challenging to heal due to the fact that an immobilizing cast can not be properly placed. Most clavicle fracture will heal completely in about four months.
Clavicle Fracture Symptoms
- Inability to hold arm away from the body which aggravates the pain
- Affected shoulder can be slumped forward/downward
- A bulge or bump over the area of the break
- Swelling/bruising of the clavicle (collarbone)
Non-Surgical Treatment Clavicle Fracture Treatment
In order to relieve pain from a clavicle fracture, we address the problem holistically and naturally, without medication.
We use the following approaches to relieve clavicle fracture symptoms:
- ASTR® Tools: Our doctors use a variety of ASTR® tools to release scar tissue and myofascial restriction, which can decrease flexibility and add more pressure to the clavicle.
- Special exercise program to decrease pressure on the shoulder, strengthen the muscles, stabilize the clavicle and help the patient to return to normal function and activities.
- Special instructions on how to speed up the recovery time.
- Cold Laser Therapy: Tissue inflammation and swelling are common with a clavicle fracture. Cold laser is used in order to decrease inflammation that causes pressure on the clavicle and shoulder.
Call us today to start the journey of pain relief!