Parkinson’s in a progressive neurological disorder that affects nerve cells in the brain which produce dopamine which in turn affects movement. When the dopamine levels decrease there is abnormal brain activity. In it’s early stages Parkinson’s disease symptoms can be very mild, maybe a slight tremor, or slightly softer speech, a stiffening in the face may also happen. Symptoms of Parkinson’s disease can worsen in time, although many people will only have mild symptoms. The cause of Parkinson’s isn’t known but genes may play a part in some cases. Although there is no known cure for Parkinson’s disease, treatment can help with managing symptoms.
Parkinson’s Disease Symptoms
- Tremor (often begins in fingers)
- Slowness of movements
- Speech changes
- Decreased facial expression
- Shuffling or stooping posture
- Muscle stiffness
- Writing changes
In order to relieve Parkinson’s symptoms, we address the problem holistically and naturally, without medication.
We use the following approaches to relieve Parkinson’s symptoms:
- ASTR® Tools: Our doctors use a variety of ASTR® tools to release scar tissue and myofascial restriction and increase mobility.
- Special exercise program to decrease pain, strengthen the muscles, and help the patient to return to normal function and activities.
- Special instructions on how to speed up the recovery time.
Call us today to start the journey of pain relief!