Radial Tunnel Syndrome
Radial tunnel syndrome is caused by increased pressure on the radial nerve, which runs by the bones and muscles of the forearm and elbow. The radial nerve becomes irritated and/or inflamed from friction caused by compression by muscles in the forearm (Wikipedia). In contrast to cubital and carpal tunnel syndrome, radial tunnel syndrome rarely causes numbness or tingling, because the radial nerve principally affects the muscles.
Radial Tunnel Syndrome’s Causes
- Noncancerous fatty tumors (lipomas)
- Bone tumors
- Inflammation of surrounding tissue
Radial Tunnel Syndrome’s Symptoms
Cutting, piercing, or stabbing pain at the top of the forearm or back of the hand, especially when you try to straighten your wrist and fingers
Radial Tunnel Syndrome Treatment
In order to relieve radial tunnel syndrome, we address the problem holistically and naturally, without medication.
We use the following approaches to relieve Radial Tunnel Syndrome’s symptoms:
- ASTR® Tools: Our doctors use a variety of ASTR® tools to release scar tissue and myofascial restriction, and increase mobility.
- Special exercise program to decrease pain, strengthen the muscles, and help the patient to return to normal function and activities.
- Special instructions on how to speed up the recovery time.
- Cold Laser Therapy: Tissue inflammation and inability of the body to heal are common with radial tunnel syndrome. Cold laser is used in order to decrease inflammation and pain in the forearm, elbow, and wrist.
Call us today to start the journey of pain relief!