Rotator Cuff Tear
A rotator cuff injury can cause a dull aching in the shoulder which may worsen when trying to sleep. The rotator cuff is of group of muscles that surround the shoulder and allows the shoulder to move in different directions. When there is too much stress it may cause tears or inflammation in the rotator cuff. Most rotator cuff tears occur over time, but can also happen at once, causing a popping sound.
Rotator Cuff Injury Symptoms
- Shoulder pain, often a dull ache
- Weakness in shoulder or arm
- A crackling or snapping sound in the shoulder
- Difficulty in moving the shoulder
Rotator Cuff Tear Risk Factors
- Sports such as swimming, baseball, tennis, football, golf
- Age, people over 40 are more susceptible to rotator cuff injuries
- Manuel labor jobs, jobs requiring intense physical overhead lifting
- Lifting heavy weights
- A fall on the shoulder or use of the shoulder to break a fall
Treatment for Rotator Cuff Tear
In order to relieve symptoms from a rotator cuff tear, we address the problem holistically and naturally, without medication.
We use the following approaches to relieve rotator cuff tear symptoms:
- ASTR® Tools: Our doctors use a variety of ASTR® tools to release scar tissue and myofascial restriction, which can decrease flexibility and add more pressure to the rotator cuff.
- Special exercise program to decrease pressure on the rotator cuff, strengthen the muscles, stabilize the shoulder to help the patient to return to normal function and activities.
- Special instructions on how to speed up the recovery time.
- Cold Laser Therapy: Tissue inflammation, pain and stiffness are common with a rotator cuff tear. Cold laser is used in order to decrease inflammation that causes pressure on the rotator cuff.
Call us today to start the journey of pain relief!