Rotator Cuff Tendonitis
Rotator cuff tendonitis is an inflammation of the tendons in the rotator cuff (shoulder joint). Rotator cuff tendonitis usually occurs over time and can be caused by an overuse or repetitive motion in this area. Swimmer, pitcher’s, and tennis players can be at high risk for rotator cuff tendinitis. Though rotator cuff tendinitis can be quite painful, most people recover with full function. Symptoms of rotator cuff tendonitis may be eased with rest in early stages, but in an advance stage may take treatment such as physical therapy.
Symptoms of Rotator Cuff Tendonitis
- pain and swelling in shoulder or arm
- pain when reaching above head or raising arm
- clicking sound in shoulder/arm
- loss of mobility in arm
Rotator Cuff Tendonitis Treatment
In order to relieve rotator cuff tendonitis symptoms, we address the problem holistically and naturally, without medication.
We use the following approaches to relieve rotator cuff tendonitis symptoms:
- ASTR® Tools: Our doctors use a variety of ASTR® tools to release scar tissue and myofascial restriction, which can decrease flexibility and add more pressure to the spine.
- Special exercise program to decrease pressure on the rotator cuff, strengthen the muscles, stabilize the shoulder and help the patient to return to normal function and activities.
- Special instructions on how to speed up the recovery time.
- Cold Laser Therapy: Tissue inflammation and pain are common with rotator cuff tendonitis. Cold laser is used in order to decrease inflammation that causes pressure on the rotator cuff.
Call us today to start the journey of pain relief!