Sacroiliac Joint Pain
The sacroiliac (SI) joint is responsible for connecting the sacrum with the pelvis. The SI joint is next to the bottom of the spine and above the tailbone. The SI joint is small but very strong with surrounding ligaments. The joint however does not have a lot of motion but it is responsible for transmitting all of the forces of the upper body to the pelvis and lower extremities. Sacroiliac joint pain is due to the dysfunction of the joint, which causes instability of the body and results in low back or leg pain. Complications of the sacroiliac joint may include difficulty breathing, deformed spine, lung infection, and heart problems.
Conditions that Causes Sacroiliac Joint Pain
- Too much lower back, hip, and leg movement
- Too little lower back
- Abnormal walking pattern
Sacroiliac Joint Pain Symptoms
- Pain in the lower back
- Pain in the back of the hips
- Pain in the groin or thighs
- Pain is worsen when standing or walking but decreases when lying down
- Stiffness and burning sensation in the lower back, hip, or pelvis
Treatment for Sacroiliac Joint Pain
In order to relieve phantom limb pain symptoms, we address the problem holistically and naturally, without medication.
We use the following approaches to relieve sacroiliac joint pain symptoms:
- ASTR® Tools: Our doctors use a variety of ASTR® tools to release scar tissue and myofascial restriction, which can decrease pain and give symptom relief.
- Special exercise program to decrease inflammation, strengthen the muscles, and help the patient to return to normal function and activities.
- Special instructions on how to speed up the recovery time.
- Cold Laser Therapy: Tissue inflammation is common with sacroiliac joint pain. Cold laser is used in order to decrease pain in the lower back, hip, groin, and leg.
Call us today to start the journey of pain relief!