Scar Tissue (Fibrosis)
When the body experiences injury, stress or disease, soft tissue fibrosis or scar tissue can form inside the body similar to scars on the outside. This places excessive pressure on muscles, blood vessels, nerves and organs; causing pain and restricted range of motion. ASTR® clinicians work to gently break down the scar tissue, without causing added pain or stress to the body. ASTR's Tools are very valuable and effective tools that can easily release soft tissue adhesion (scar tissue) quickly, without causing pain.
Causes of Scar Tissue
- Poor posture
- Poor body mechanics
Symptoms of Scar Tissue
- Liimited joint range of motion
- Dull aching pain
- Numbness/ tingling
- Joint stiffness
- Muscle tightness or muscle spasm
- Tender to touch
Scar Tissue Treatment
We use the following approaches to treat scar tissue
- ASTR® Tools: Our doctors use a variety of ASTR® tools to release scar tissue and myofascial restriction, which can decrease mobility and flexibility.
- Special exercise program to decrease pain, strengthen the muscles, stabilize and help the patient to return to normal function and activities.
- Special instructions on how to speed up the recovery time.