Ankylosing Spondylitis is a systemic type of inflammatory disease or arthritis that affects the spine, sometimes fusing vertebrae together. The fusing of the vertebrae may cause a stooped or forward hunched posture. There is no know cure for ankylosing spondylitis but early diagnosis and treatment may reduce the risk of deformity and decrease symptom pain. Ankylosing spondylitis may affect the ribs as well, making it painful to breathe.
The cause of ankylosing spondylitis is unknown, although it is thought that genetics may play a part.
Ankylosing Spondylitis Symptoms
- Stiffness and pain in the lower back lasting several months
- Fusing of bones in the neck, back, hips, or possibly ribs
- Tendon and ligament pain
- Loss of appetite
Treatment for Ankylosing Spondylitis
In order to relieve ankylosing spondylitis symptoms, we address the problem holistically and naturally, without medication.
We use the following approaches to relieve ankylosing spondylitis symptoms:
- ASTR® Tools: Our doctors use a variety of ASTR® tools to release scar tissue and myofascial restriction, which can improve posture and give symptom relief.
- Special exercise program to decrease inflammation, strengthen the muscles, stabilize the spine and help the patient to return to normal function and activities.
- Special instructions on how to speed up the recovery time.
- Cold Laser Therapy: Tissue inflammation is common with ankylosing spondylitis. Cold laser is used in order to decrease inflammation and swelling that causes pressure on the joints.
Call us today to start the journey of pain relief!