Scoliosis is a sideway curvature of the spine or backbone. Scoliosis curve sometimes looks like an “S” or “C” letter shape. Scoliosis is a common disorder that effects many children and adults. People who are not surgical candidates for scoliosis may benefit from physical therapy in order to relieve pain. Fascia restriction release may improve muscular imbalance due to Scoliosis curvature. Our specialists specialize in scoliosis treatment. We offer alternative scoliosis treatment (non-surgical).
Causes of Scoliosis:
These are some of the causes of scoliosis
- Idiopathic causes (unknown causes)
- Growth defects
- Injures of the spine
- Neuromuscular conditions such as muscular dystrophy, cerebral palsy, etc.
Scoliosis Risk Factors:
These are some of the risk factors for scoliosis
- Family history of scoliosis
- Gender- girls have a higher risk of developing scoliosis than boys
- During the growth spurt between 9 and 15 years of age
In severe cases an individual with scoliosis can experience a majority of the common scoliosis symptoms.
These are some of the scoliosis symptoms
- Uneven hip level (one hip is higher than the other)
- Uneven shoulder levels
- Uneven waist
- Winged scapula
- Spine curvature
- One side of the ribs more prominent
- Back pain
- Difficulty breathing
- These are some of the complications that an individual with scoliosis can have:
- Chronic back pain
- Heart and lung damage, difficulty breathing and/or heart pumping
- Change in appearance such us unleveled shoulders, unleveled hips, unleveled waist, and prominent ribs
Our treatment approach has helped many individuals with scoliosis to live pain free and avoid surgeries. In many cases our approach can be considered an alternative to scoliosis surgery.
These are our treatment approaches to relieve scoliosis pain and correct the curvature
- ASTR Tools: Our doctors use ASTR tools, which very gently break excessive scar tissue in the scoliosis area.
- ASTR Tools: Our doctors use a variety of ASTR tools to release myofascial restriction, which is very common with scoliosis.
- Releasing muscle trigger points and hypertonicity: it is very common with scoliosis that the muscle starts to spasm or tighten as a protective mechanism. Using the ASTR maneuvers, patients can experience relief from muscle hypertonicity.
- Cold Laser Therapy: cold laser is a very valuable tool that speeds up the healing process and decreases soft tissue inflammation very quickly.
- Special exercise program to strengthen the weak muscles and stretch the tight muscles.
Give us a call TODAY to learn how we can help you relieve your scoliosis pain.