Torticollis is a condition where the neck is tilted to one side and the chin is turned to the opposite side. Torticollis is also known as wry neck or loxia. Torticollis is dystonic condition of the neck.
These are some of the common causes of torticollis:
- Acquired: this condition occurs as a result of nerve damage
- Congenital or Inherited (infant torticolis): birth trauma or genetic changes. Baby torticolis is one of the most common torticolis type.
These are some of the common symptoms of torticollis
- Head tilt
- Neck pain
- Neck muscle stiffness and swelling
- Limited neck range of motion
- Neck muscle spasm
- One shoulder is higher
- Numbness and tingling
Our doctors use ASTR to help relieve Torticollis symptoms and pain
- ASTR Tools: Our doctors use ASTR tools, which very gently break excessive scar tissue in the neck muscle.
- ASTR Tools: Our doctors use a variety of ASTR tools to release myofascial restriction, which is very common with torticolis.
- Releasing muscle trigger points and hypertonicity: it is very common with any injury that the muscle starts to spasm or tighten as a protective mechanism. Using the ASTR maneuver, patients can experience relief from muscle hypertonicity.
- Special exercise program to strengthen the weak muscles and stretch the tight muscles.