Tension & Cervicogenic Headaches
Tension headaches are the most common type of headache associated with tightness of the soft tissue in the head, neck and shoulders. Tension headaches could be releated to poor posture, stress, depression, anxiety or head injury. Tension headaches are usually experienced on both sides of the head. Tension headaches usually start at the back of the head and spread to the front. Tension headaches may occur when head and neck muscles become tense. The muscle tension may be as result of stress, anxiety, depression, and/or head injury.
Tension Headache Risk Factors:
The following some of tension headache risk factors
- Poor posture
- Head injury
- TMJ disorders
Triggers for Tension Headache:
The following could be triggers for tension headaches
- Poor posture
- TMJ/ jaw problem such as clenching or grinding
- Eye strain
- The flu, cold or sinus infection
Tension Headache Symptoms:
These are some of the tension headache symptoms
- Dull & aching pressure
- A tight band on the head
- Head and neck pain all over
- Symptoms are worse in the head, neck, temples, back, shoulders
- Sleep disturbance
Tension Headache Treatment:
Advanced Soft Tissue Release (ASTR), developed by Dr. Jacobs(patent pending), is a very gentle, effective and natural approach to treating tension headaches.
Our doctors use ASTR to relieve tension headache pain and symptoms.
- ASTR Tools: Our doctors use a variety of ASTR tools to release myofascial restriction, which is very common with tension headache
- Releasing muscle trigger points and hypertonicity: it is very common with tension headache that the muscle starts to spasm or tighten as a protective mechanism. Using the ASTR maneuvers, patients can experience relief from tension headache
- Special instructions on how to speed up the recovery time for tension headache
- Special exercise program to strengthen the weak muscles and stretch the tight muscles that causes tension headache
Call us today to start the journey of pain relief!