Face pain can vary from dull, aching, throbbing, sharp, tingling, stabbing or intense pain. It can occur in one or both sides of the face.
Causes of Face Pain
These are some of the most common causes of face pain:
- Temporomandibular joint dysfunction (TMJ)
- Tension headache
- Migraine headache
- Cluster headache
- Myofascial pain syndrome
- Facial injury
- Shingles (herpes zoster)
- Trigeminal neuralgia (tic douloureux)
- Sinus infection
Natural/ Non-surgical face pain Treatment
We use the following approaches to relieve face pain symptoms:
ASTR® Tools: Our doctors use a variety of ASTR® tools to release scar tissue and myofascial restriction, which can decrease flexibility and add more pressure on the face.
- Special exercise program to decrease pressure on the face, strengthen the muscles, stabilize the neck muscles and help the patient to return to normal function and activities.
- Special instructions on how to speed up the recovery time.
- Cold Laser Therapy: Tissue inflammation and inability of the body to heal are common with several facial problems. Cold laser is used in order to decrease inflammation that causes pressure on the fascial nerve.
Treatment for Face Pain
The treatment for facial pain depends primarily on the cause of the problem. There are many causes of facial pain that require medical examination in order to be treated properly. If your facial pain is sudden and radiates to the left arm or chest, call 911 immediately.
Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you to relieve your face pain!