Shoulder dislocation is when the top of an individual’s arm pops out of the shoulder socket. Generally the shoulder joint is inherently unstable and is prone to slip out of place. Shoulder dislocation causes the tissues and nerves around the shoulder joint to get damaged. Multiple shoulder dislocations can result in chronic instability and weakness. Complication of a shoulder dislocation may include muscle, ligaments, and tendon tearing, damage to the nerve or blood vessels of the shoulder joint, and instability of the shoulder.
Causes of a Shoulder Dislocation
- Falling on or being hit in the shoulder
- Falling on an outstretched arm
- Twisting of the arm
Shoulder Dislocation’s Symptoms
- Pain in the shoulder and arm when moved
- Numbness of the shoulder
- Deformed shoulder
- An appearance of a bump in the front or back of the shoulder
Shoulder Dislocation Treatment
In order to relieve muscle pain symptoms, we address the problem holistically and naturally, without medication.
We use the following approaches to relieve Shoulder Dislocation’s symptoms:
ASTR® Tools: Our doctors use a variety of ASTR® tools to release scar tissue and myofascial restriction, and increase mobility.
- Special exercise program to decrease pain, strengthen the muscles, and help the patient to return to normal function and activities.
- Special instructions on how to speed up the recovery time.
- Cold Laser Therapy: Tissue inflammation and inability of the body to heal are common with shoulder dislocation. Cold laser is used in order to decrease inflammation and pain in the shoulder.
Call us today to start the journey of pain relief!