Spondylolysis is very common cause of low back pain. Spondylolysis is a defect in the connection between vertebrae, which are the bones that make up the spine. This defect can lead to fractures in the vertebrae that can weaken the bones leading to one bone slipping out of place.
Conditions that Causes Spondylolysis
- Weakness in a section of the vertebra
- Genetics. Individuals born with thin vertebrae are at higher risk for fractures.
- Repetitive trauma to the lower back can weaken the vertebra
- Spondylosis usually does not show any symptoms and most people do not know they have it
- If symptoms do show it is the low back that has the most pain feeling like a muscle strain
- Pain increases during exercises
Treatment for Spondylolysis
In order to relieve ankylosing spondylitis symptoms, we address the problem holistically and naturally, without medication.
We use the following approaches to relieve spondylolysis symptoms:
- ASTR® Tools: Our doctors use a variety of ASTR® tools to release scar tissue and myofascial restriction, which can improve posture and give symptom relief.
- Special exercise program to decrease inflammation, strengthen the muscles, stabilize the spine and help the patient to return to normal function and activities.
- Special instructions on how to speed up the recovery time.
- Cold Laser Therapy: Tissue inflammation is common with spondylolysis. Cold laser is used in order to decrease inflammation and swelling that causes pressure on the vertebrae.
Call us today to start the journey of pain relief!