Tendonitis is inflammation and swelling of the tendon. The tendon is a fibrous tissue that connects the muscle to the bone. Tendonitis usually occurs as a result of overuse, tendon injury or degeneration over time (aging).Tendonitis could happen in any tendon.
Common Sites for Tendonitis:
Here are some of the most common sites for tendonitis
- Elbow tendonitis (tennis elbow/ golfer’s elbow)
- Shoulder tendonitis (rotator cuff tendinitis)
- Achilles tendonitis
- Wrist tendonitis
These are some of the symptoms of tendonitis
- Pain that increases with activities or joint movement
- Night pain
- Pain when touching the tendon near the joint
- Swelling, stiffness and weakness
How to Prevent Tendonitis
- Refrain from repetitive movement or overuse of your tendon
- Strengthen your muscles and keep them flexible
- Warm up and cool down before sports or activities
Treatment for Tendonitis:
Our doctors use ASTR® to relieve tendonitis pain and symptoms. This approach helps patients avoid surgery:
- Reduce inflammation and speed up the heeling process using Cold Laser Therapy
- Advanced Soft tissue Release (ASTR®) to release soft tissue restriction
- ASTR® Tools: Our doctors use a variety of ASTR tools to release myofascial restriction and scar tissue, which are very common with tendonitis.
- Releasing muscle trigger points and hypertonicity: it is very common with tendonitis that the muscle starts to spasm or tighten as a protective mechanism. Using the ASTR® maneuvers, patients can experience relief from muscle hypertonicity.
- Special exercise program to restore normal movement
Give us a call TODAY to learn how we can help you experience relief from tendonitis