Wear and tear on the muscles, joints, tendons, and ligaments in your hip can cause injuries to the the thigh. Overuse of these can cause tissue inflammation resulting in pain. Thigh pain can also be caused by a muscle tear or strain. With thigh pain, the severity can range from a dull aching, to numbness and tingling, to sharp stabbing pain. If the pain last longer than a few days you should seek medical attention.
Cause of Thigh Pain
- Muscle strain or tear
- Injury or overuse of the ligaments, joint, tendon, or muscles in thigh
- Blood clot
- Meralgia Paresthetica
- Greater Trochanteric Pain Syndrome
- Prolonged Sitting
- Varicose veins
- Peripheral Vascular Disease (PVD)
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Diabetic neuropathy
- Medication side effects
Symptoms of Thigh Pain
- Sharp pains
- Numbness or tingling
- Skin discoloration
Risk Factors of Thigh Pain
- Long travel time
- Sports injury
- Birth control pills
Treatment for Thigh Pain
In order to relieve thigh pain symptoms, we address the problem holistically and naturally, without medication.
We use the following approaches to relieve thigh pain symptoms:
- ASTR® Tools: Our doctors use a variety of ASTR® tools to release scar tissue and myofascial restriction, which can decrease pain and give symptom relief.
- Special exercise program to decrease inflammation, strengthen the muscles, and help the patient to return to normal function and activities.
- Special instructions on how to speed up the recovery time.
- Cold Laser Therapy: Tissue inflammation is common with thigh pain. Cold laser is used in order to decrease pain in the thigh area.
Call us today to start the journey of pain relief!